Wednesday 13 February 2019

Colour INKspiration #CI49



Hello and welcome to my blog!

Well, today is a very exciting day for me as I have been invited to be a Crew member of the amazing Colour INKspiration team! Of course I said "Y E S"  to this wonderful opportunity as I will  be working alongside some very talented demonstrators.  This is my first blog post as a Crew member.

You may have hopped from the lovely Monique Fielder! Or have started with my blog post!

I am really looking forward to creating every month for this Blog Hop. So, please subscribe to my blog so you will see the Colour INKspiration team create beautiful cards and other items on a regular basis.  You will be able to hop from my blog via a link to see all the demonstrators creations. You can subscribe to my blog via the link on the right hand side of my blog.

As you can imagine I have been excitedly preparing for this Blog Hop!

The colours for this months challenge are Melon Mambo, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Highland Heather. A beautiful combination with endless possibilities!




My thoughts instantly turned to a Birthday Card and then the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set with the sweet candles.




I stamped the candles from the Picture Perfect Birthday in Highland Heather, Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana. I then stamped the flame at the top of each candle in Pineapple Punch. I fussy cut each individual candle out with the flame. 

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Versa Mark and then heat embossed it in white. I then punched the sentiment out with the Classic Label Punch  a perfect fit don't you think?




I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to cut a white circular base for the candles. Then a Melon Mambo Layering Circle Framelit to sit underneath.

The white embossed layer was created with the Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. A great match for this stamp set. I put another layer of Whisper White card stock underneath the embossed layer as I feel it gives the card a more finished look, especially when using white.

The card base is Melon Mambo and the Ribbon is the new Whisper White Flax ribbon. This ribbon is very soft and easy to use.

That is my first Card for the Crew Blog Hop!

I want to thank all the gorgeous Colour INKspiration Crew ladies for welcoming me so warmly to the team. They have really gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and special. Such a fantastic group of like minded women. I am looking forward to getting to know each of them.  

So, make sure you Hop over to their blog posts via the links!

Next on the Blog Hop is the amazingly talented Jacque Williams
Make sure you Hop over to her blog to see her beautiful creation by clicking on her name above!





Thanks for visiting my blog today! 


I really appreciate you taking the time to see my creation!

Have a great day!

Leonie 
♡♡♡♡♡♡





Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the CI Crew Leonie, so great to have you creating with us. And since you love fussy cutting I'm going to love being inspired by your creations. This is a beautiful use of the colours, and doesn;t that embossing folder look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I'm a huge fan of that embossing folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fabulous, Leonie. I love the clean look that combines so well with the extra detail of the textured card front. The coloured circle draws the eye to those sweet candles. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome. Great card. I love all the white and Thankyou for the tip about mounting the embossed section. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white sets off those colours perfectly, such a nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the crew Leonie. What a fabulous way to start!

    ReplyDelete